Your electric bill is an unavoidable expense that must be paid in full every month, delay payment even a few days past the due date with PHCN and come home to total blackout.
With the current economic crisis rocking the country, saving cost on your utility bill should be on your priority list.
Smart lighting is a lighting technology designed for energy efficiency. This may include the use of high efficiency fixtures and automated controls that make adjustments based on conditions such as occupancy or daylight availability.
One of the best ways to save money and energy on an electric bill is to reduce the amount of energy used in a facility, either through the use of more energy-efficient devices or through intelligent building control systems.
DID YOU KNOW THAT :
- Dimming incandescent or halogen bulbs by 25% saves 20% electricity. Dim more and you will save even more.
- CFLs and LEDs already use less energy than standard bulbs, so dimming these highly efficient bulbs saves even more energy.
- Occupancy / Vacancy sensing turns on and off when a person enters the space.
- Scheduling can dim or turn off lights when they are not needed, as well as set back the temperature when not as much heating or cooling is needed.
- The “Energy” button reduces energy use from lights, blinds, and heating/cooling systems with a single touch.
- Daylight harvesting dims the electric lights in an area in response to available daylight thereby saving energy.
- Engraved keypad buttons provide intuitive control for setting the right scenes.
- It works seamlessly with other home automation systems.
When it comes to lighting, there are plenty of options to choose from, but it is important to know that some lighting options are better than others. Lutron leads the pack in the lighting control industry and offers a wide selection of energy saving dimmers and lighting control solutions
Light Control Increases Comfort and may improve Productivity.
The energy-saving light controls provide a comfortable and productive visual environment. Enhancing the comfort levels of a space leads to increases in productivity. Through our Total Light Management™ solutions, better lighting not only can reduce the energy consumption of a room, it can improve the quality of work from its occupants.
Lutron Systems can Automatically Save Money and Energy.
Lutron systems can automatically save money and energy. Automated systems like daylight and occupancy sensors and the Homeworks astronomic timeclock can turn on lights according to changes in light or the time of day. Without any input from the user, Lutron systems can reduce energy costs and usage.
All Lutron Dimmers Extend Bulb Life.
Lutron dimmers reduce power to the lighting source or bulb, so they save energy and can extend bulb life. Incandescent and halogen bulbs last up to 20 times longer when used with a dimmer, increasing the money saved. LED bulbs run cooler when dimmed which can also extend bulb life.
Each year, installed Lutron products save nearly 10 billion kWh of energy. This is equivalent to:
- 7 million metric tons of CO2 equivalents2.
- Taking 1.5 Million cars off the road2.
- Avoiding consumption of 16 million barrels of oil2 .
Dimming Saves Energy and the Environment While Enriching Your Life.
While there are many ways to reduce energy use, most involve sacrificing something. Few actually enrich the quality of living and working environments like dimmers. Dimmers and other lighting controls allow individuals to adjust light levels for specific entertainment options, enhance ambiance, set a mood, and take advantage of daylight to reduce energy use.
If you are looking for commercial and residential smart lighting inspiration or a well established lighting company to help you implement your ideas we can help.
Please visit our instagram and twitter pages @wse_ng
Call us today on +2348176240754 or firstname.lastname@example.org